This almost concludes my first week of blogging. I like it more now than I did last week. I want to end most Fridays with what I am going to call "Friday's Random Thoughts." Here are a few thoughts or tidbits of information that are going through my mind today!
1. Let me encourage you to spend some time reading the Bible to your kids today. There can be nothing more important that they will read than that. Don't read books about the Bible to them unless you have read the Bible to them. Don't let them read books about witchcraft, vampires, or werewolves unless you are training them in the truth of God (you may think about leaving those things from them anyways). If you want them to read a romance novel, make it the one about a God that does far-reaching things to save a group of people. Do you believe that the Bible is what God is going to use to change the heart of your child? Then read them the Bible! Paul tells Timothy, "You, however, continue in the things you have learned and ecome convinced of, knowning from whom you hav elearned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salavation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:14-17). Do you really believe that? Then read it with your kids today!
2. Pastor Mark Driscoll has accumulated a list of date night advices for men (and a few for women). Read them HERE, they are interesting. My favorite one is #15, Ladies, sometimes it’s a great gift to go into your husband’s world for a date night by doing something like putting on a jersey going to a game and eating a hot dog. His love language may just be hot dog. Of course, it might say alot that my favorite date night tip is directed at the woman, but my love language might just be hot dog. But not any hot dog, but a ballpark hot dog! As far as the rest goes, good advice, sorry babe, I promise to do better!
3. My little baby girl, Anni (5 years old) decided to make a picture of me on a computer program. Oh, it is a picture of me of what she thought I would have looked like when I was five. Thought you might like to see it! I am pretty sure my hair was like this and I know I sporting the legged pajamas back then!
4. Check out Ligonier Ministries. They have been having $5 Friday specials in their bookstore. There are alot of great deals that you can get each week. This week, I would highly recommend this book. I have heard alot about it and want to pick it up myself. Maybe someday I will do a review of it here!
5. Speaking of Book Reviews, I have said that everytime I do a review and it is a worthwhile book, I will give one away. I was shocked that not many people commented. but I will continue to do it, even if just one or two people comment each week. I am actually contemplating of giving away something every week on this site. You will have to check back next week to see what I will be giving away. As to the winner this week, the book goes to Heather Clabaugh. Congratulations! If you could EMAIL me your contact information, I will make sure you get the book. Thank you for everyone else who commented or tweeted, I appreciate what you had to say.