I am going to make it very short this Friday since I have many things to finish today. Just a few things that have happened that I would like to point out to you.
1. Not sure if you saw it or not (I did post it on twitter and facebook earlier in the week), but Josh Harris & Mark Driscoll sort of cornered Francis Chan to ask him what he was doing with his future ministry. As you may or may not know, Chan has stepped out of the role of Senior Pastor at his church in California and has said that he is unsure what the future has for him. He just felt the Spirit moving him to move on. Watch this video, it is very interesting and I think Drisoll & Harris make some very important points.
What's Next for Francis Chan? A Conversation with Mark Driscoll and Joshua Harris
2. My wife has been hard at work on a new blog ministry that she is starting with a friend. More information to come first of next week, but I am so excited for her as she seeks to minister to the body of Christ universally. It is very important and I think could really take off! Please pray for her!
3. I would also ask you to pray for me. I have had one of those weeks with lots of meetings and have lots to do this weekend. I have a wedding tomorrow (so also pray for Kyle & Meagan as they begin their life together as a married couple), and also preach Sunday morning and Sunday Night. I am way behind on these sermons, but really excited about them. You will be able to stream them at our church website on Sunday morning at 10:30 A.M. & 6:00 P.M. (CST). You can access it HERE. Sunday morning I am going to preach on the doctrine of the church and sunday night the doctrine of the incarnation.
4. Good Spurgeon Quote of the Day: "If I had never joined a church till I had found one that was perfect, I should never have joined one at all. And the moment I did join it, if I had found one, I should have spoiled it, for it would not have been a perfect church after I had become a member of it. Still, imperfect as it is, it is the dearest place on earth to us."
5. Speaking of Spurgeon, that was this week's giveaway. I am pleased to announce that the winner of this week's book is Landon Taylor. Congratulations! To claim your book, please send me your information HERE! I hope you enjoy the book. As always, you have to post in order to be entered into the drawing. We will keep doing it every week, so check back next Wednesday.