Well, as I put that sign in the yard this morning, I was a bit sad. We love our house. Not because of the carpet or the new color in our bedroom. I will miss this house because so much ministry has happened there. This got me thinking as to what has happened at our house over the past six years.
- We have seen people challenge each other in the faith there.
- We have seen people develope Christ-centered marriages after first meeting there
- We have seen people been taught theology and practical living there
- We have had numerous conversations about Jesus there
- We have prayed for the hurting there
- We have met with several couples in pre-marital counseling sessions there
- We have heard great feedback from new people to our church about our church there
- We have seen many dear friendships cultivated there
God tells us consistently that we should be hospitable (Rom 12:13; Heb 13:2; 1 Pet 4:9). My prayer is that all of us who have places we call a home, will see it as more than a covering from the wind and rain. I pray that we will see it as a place for ministry to happen. Will you? Do you? Never underestimate the significance that a lunch or dinner can have on someone. And may God give you a love for your house because of the ministry, not because of it's beauty!