I have been on vacation the past two weeks. But I have still taken some down time over the past week to read a few of my favorite blogs. Each week, there are hundreds upon thousands of blog posts written by people all over the world. I find myself each week reading several of them. I have taken the time to link to some of my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere from the previous week. I hope maybe one or two of these stories will be an encouragement to you.
- Preaching "One-Time" Sermons by Ed Stetzer. I think Stetzer gives some good advice for those times when you find yourself getting the opportunity to preach a sermon that is not part of a series or as a guest preacher at some other church.
- When It Comes to the Colorado Tragedy, You Can't Have It Both Ways by Josh Lough. Josh is a friend from college and I think he does a good job pointing out a contradiction in the thoughts of the common person as they think about the Colorado Tragedy.
- The Book Review Page by Tim Challies. Are you looking for a good review of a book that you might be reading? Check out Challies extensive archives of all the books he has reviewed.
- Loving Those Who Grieve by Justin Taylor. I need to do a better job of this. I bet you do as well.
- Chick-fil-A And People Freaking Out by Knox McCoy. While this article does not come from a gospel-centered perspective, I did find it somewhat amusing.