Each week, there are hundreds upon thousands of blog posts written by people all over the world. I find myself each week reading several of them. I have taken the time to link to some of my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere from the previous week. I hope maybe one or two of these stories will be an encouragement to you.
- A Pastor's Monday by Tony Reinke. This is actually an extended quote from Jared Wilson. If you are curious as to what a pastor might go through on Mondays, give this a read. And pray for your pastors on Monday.
- A Message from a Bachelor Pastor to His Congregation before His Wedding by Justin Taylor. If you are single, read this article. Even if you are married with children, read this article. If you are a youth pastor or work with students or singles, read this article.
- Ten Things About Church You Should Know (But No One Had The Guts To Tell You) by Kevin DeYoung. If you are looking for some great insight into the world of Christiandom with a bit of humor, check this out.
- Be Careful with How-To Sermons by Joe Thorn. I can really relate to this. It is a helpful reminder to the listener and to the preacher.
- A Message for Vanderbilt's Leadership by Byron Yawn. This is the start of many situations where universities will be taking stands against Christianity. But Yawn thinks this was a good thing for their church. Some good thoughts.
- Why the Media Needs the Westboro Baptist Cult in It's "Argument" against the Real Church by Bryan Hodge. This is from a friend of mine that takes a shot at Westboro Baptist Church (Cult), but also the media for giving them exposure. But he thinks there's a reason. Check it out.