Each week, there are hundreds upon thousands of blog posts written by people all over the world. I find myself each week reading several of them. I have taken the time to link to some of my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere from the previous week. I hope maybe one or two of these will be an encouragement to you.
- Hobby Lobby and Religious Liberty Under ObamaCare by Ben Domenech. I would guess that most people reading my blog will agree with the direction of Hobby Lobby. I hope you will pray for their future decisions. But as you can see from this article, the ones that lose will ultimately be the workers.
- Two Preaching Giants and the 'Betrayal' that Tore Them Apart by John Blake. This is a story from CNN about the relationship of Charles and Andy Stanley. There are several aspects of this that I take to heart as a pastor with boys.
- Four Reasons Men Don't Read Books (with a Practical Suggestion) by Tony Reinke. I really thought this was helpful as this has been my experience. And it is one of the reasons why I have tried to have purposeful reading groups in the past year.
- 5 Ways to Fight Insecurity as a Pastor or Leader by Ron Edmondson. This might not be for everyone (although the points can be applied to everyone). But it was helpful for me.
- A Father's Fright of Twilight by Mark Driscoll. Some people have told me that some of this information about Twilight is inaccurate. I don't know because I have not seen any of the movies. But what I will say is that I never want to see them or to let my children see them.