Each week, there are hundreds upon thousands of blog posts written by people all over the world. I find myself each week reading several of them. I have taken the time to link to some of my favorite blog posts or news stories from around the blogosphere from this previous week. I hope maybe one or two of these will be an encouragement to you.
- The Giglio Imbroglio - The Public Inauguration of a New Moral McCarthyism by Albert Mohler. Mohler deals with the situation that took place last week where Louie Giglio was invited to give a prayer at Obama's inauguration, and then uninvited after it was found out that he took a biblical stance on homosexuality.
- Louie Giglio and the New State Church by Russell Moore. Another article on that topic. These two are the best that I have read on the issue.
- Husbands: A Tip that Could Save Your Marriage by Eric Raymond. I think originally when this was posted, it was entitled "Husbands, Get a part-time Job." You will have to read it to find out why he said it that way and why he might have changed the title.
- Don't Be Okay with Not Reading Your Bible by Julian Freeman. I agree 100% with his take on this.
- Why Spurgeon Thought the Plain Teaching of the Gospel was Sufficient to Grow a Church by Justin Taylor. This is a rather long Spurgeon quote, but it is Spurgeon at his best!
- Bible Reading Plan for Kids by David Murray. This is a great plan. If you are not doing anything, pick this up and start challenging your children to read the Bible.