I am in the beginning of a new Bible reading plan that gets through the entire Bible in just over 100 Days. I love it. And I have had great conversations with many people who are doing it as well. Here are some of my thoughts from the first week!
Reading: Genesis 1--Exodus 28
Thoughts From Week 1: From the beginning of this week, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in God's Word. It always amazes me that no matter how many times I read God's Word, I learn something new. And I have more and more questions about what He has revealed to us. There are questions I might not have time to look at now, but will keep before me to go back to look at soon. For instance, as I was reading this past week, several questions came to my mind:
- What would have happened if Adam & Eve would have eaten from the Tree of Life? (Gen. 3:22)
- What would it have been like when Adam & Eve found out their son had killed their other son, and they knew it was because of their sin that brought death into this world? (Gen. 4:9)
- In Gen. 4:21, we are given genealogies and it doesn't seem like very long until culture and art are part of this world. What would that have looked like?
- God promises never again to flood the earth to destroy the people, but it doesn't seem like He promises to never destroy people; just through a flood. (Gen. 9:11)
- Abram comes out of nowhere in the text. We know nothing about him when God calls him (Gen. 12:1)
I could go on and on. These are just questions or thoughts from the first day. I had them everyday. Hopefully, the reading of God's Word peaks your curiosity.
One of the things I love the most about this plan is that it forces me to be disciplined. There was one day that I fell behind a few chapters, and it is tough to make up. You simply cannot fall behind by more than a day or you are in trouble. That's why I love it more than just a few chapters a day. It causes me to be way more disciplined.
Reading for Next Week: This is the schedule this next week.
- February 17th - Exodus 29-40
- February 18th - Leviticus 1-14
- February 19th - Leviticus 15-27
- February 20th - Numbers 1-8
- February 21st - Numbers 9-21
- February 22nd - Numbers 22-32
- February 23rd - Meditation Day
If you are reading with me, I'd love to hear some of your feedback. It always encourages me to hear what God is teaching you.